Talk to a health professional first if you:
- are pregnant or breastfeeding
- are receiving cancer treatment
- have any other medical conditions or are taking other medicines.
When you arrive at your appointment a healthcare worker will talk you through what is going to happen.
They will do a health check with you and give you some information.
You will have time to ask any questions.
Let your vaccinator know if you:
- have had a severe or immediate allergic reaction to any vaccine or injection in the past
- are taking blood-thinning medication
- have a bleeding disorder.
When you are happy, you will be asked to sign the consent form. You will only be vaccinated if you agree. Then the healthcare worker will inject the vaccine into your arm. You’ll need to stay for 15 minutes after to check you’re okay and they may ask you about side effects.
Once the healthcare worker says you’re fine, you can leave and carry on with your day.
You're second dose of the vaccine will be booked for six weeks later. You get your best protection against COVID-19 after two doses of the vaccine.