Our vision and strategy
Our vision and srategy
Healthy People. Excellent Care.
Enable us all to manage our health and wellbeing. Provide excellent care through smarter, innovative delivery.
Health equity for high need populations
- radical improvement in Māori health outcomes by eliminating health inequities for Māori
- eliminate health inequalities for people in rural communities
- remove barriers for people experiencing disabilities
- enable a workforce to deliver culturally appropriate services.
Safe, quality health services for all
- deliver high quality, timely, safe care based on a culture of accountability, responsibility, continuous improvement and innovation
- prioritise fit-for-purpose care environments
- early intervention for services in need
- ensure appropriate services are delivered to meet the needs of our populations at all stages of their lives.
People centred services
- utilise the expertise of communities, providers, agencies and specialists in the design of health and care services
- provide care and services that are respectful and responsive to individual and whānau needs and values
- Enable a culture of professional cooperation to deliver services
- Promote health services and information to our diverse population to increase health literacy.
Effective and efficient care and services
Ratonga a iwi
- live within our means
- achieve and maintain a sustainable workforce
- redesign services to be effective and efficient without compromising the care delivered
- enable a culture of innovation to achieve excellence in health and care services.
A centre of excellence in learning, training, research, and innovation
- build close and enduring relationships with local, national and international education providers
- attract doctors, nurses and allied health staff to the Waikato through high quality training and research
- cultivate a culture of innovation, research, learning, and training across the organisation
- foster a research environment that is responsive to the needs of our population.
- incorporate te Tiriti o Waitangi in everything we do
- authentic collaboration with partner agencies and communities
- focus on effective community interventions using community development and prevention strategies
- work towards integration between health and social care services.