Corporate and Performance Support
Corporate, Infrastructure and Performance Support services
Waikato DHB is a large organisation, with more than 6500 employees, many complex facilities and health services distributed over a wide geographical area, and managing funding of about $1.3 billion.
To support the organisation and its delivery of health services, Waikato DHB has a number of corporate, performance and infrastructure services, including:
- Business & Support (including Biomedical Engineering and Attendants)
- Change Management
- Information Services
- Legal Services
- Media and Communications
- People & Performance (including Human Resources, Health & Safety)
- Performance Support (including Data Quality, Clinical Records and Clinical Coding)
- Property & Infrastructure (including Facilities, Security and Parking)
- Supply Chain
Phone: 07 839 8899 for all services and departments
SSC inquiry into use of external security consultants by government agencies
A State Services Commission investigation into the use of external security consultants by government agencies was held in 2018. The inquiry, led by Mr Doug Martin and Mr Simon Mount QC, looked at the use of external security consultants, including but not limited to Thompson & Clark Investigations Limited (TCIL). The inquiry covered 131 State sector agencies, including all public service departments. It looked at whether public servants or contractors may have breached the State Services Standards of Integrity and Conduct (code of conduct).
The inquiry focused on the last 10 years but also looked at events going further back.
Response from Waikato DHB:
- Waikato DHB did not identify any interactions with TCIL, its associated entities, or other providers falling within the definition set out in the letter. The DHB undertook a comprehensive review of its financial, contracts, and email records for references to TCIL and its associated entities, and spoke to senior executives who have been with the DHB for more than ten and up to twenty years.
- The DHB identified the engagement of specialist investigative staff to address a specific case of fraud, which is outside the scope of the Inquiry.
- Waikato DHB’s subsidiary HealthShare Ltd (a shared services organisation for the Midland region) has never used external security consultants.